Thursday, January 13, 2005

MSN Screenname Etiquette

I am an avid user of MSN Messenger and there are just a few things that tend to annoy me when I am using it, mainly people with annoying MSN screennames. After seeing these names for a while I have decided to make my own MSN screenname etiquette, this is more a set of guidelines for me to use but I wouldn't be mad if it caught on.

-Avoid using own name.
-Avoid heavy, useless punctuation as in ~~;:--=+^^*`ยงยงยง(anything that needs a keypad to produce), however ... is good, a good rule of themb is to NOT have more punctuation than letters.
-Avoid useless emoticons, however if it is useful then use it (as in lyrics & the music symbol and such).
-avoid showing emotion, it makes you look shifty...
-nicknames are good.
-inside jokes are good, but to a point.
-Try to stay within the english language (since I speak english).
-avoid countdowns.
-dont have pointless crap, try to make it interesting.
-dont be an attention whore, meaning dont make a screenname that you want people to ask about.
-lyrics are always good.
-quotes are awesome, funny stuff is always the best.
-dont talk about other people even if you dont say their name, we all know who you are talking about.
-the goal is to make people laugh.
-innuendos work most of the time.
-AVOID ALL CAPS LOCK, SEE, THIS IS ANNOYING.
-dont use words like lol, lmao, and such, they are annoying enough in the conversations. (however I myself use them too much).
-and the thing I hate the most, if you are leaving your computer, why set it to away, just set it to appear offline, it works way better.

These are my general rules/guidelines for msn screennames, i dont expect anyone to follow this, but that would rock. By the way, if you have another idea for a rule feel free to post is in the comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home