Saturday, January 22, 2005

Television, oh how I love the...

I love TV, I am addicted, it is one of the best things on the planet, and what makes it so good is some of the programs that us it as a medium. I find that a) ALL REALITY TV SUCKS and b) a good TV show is a scripted TV show that applies to real life, and has much comedy in it. Shows like seinfield, you can be doing something and you will realize that it relates back to seinfield, that is the signature of a good show. Your basic sitcoms which made up TV in the '90's were great, now the networks are flooded with so much reality tv crap that I can turn to any basic channel any night of the week and see some form of a reality tv show on between 8:00 and 10:00, it is sickening. I pride myself in the fact that I watch NO reaity TV, none what-so-ever. There is always a good re-run on some other network. Reality TV has taken so much out of TV that on any given night there is not enough sitcoms to get me through primetime (8:00 - 10:00), I mean I also watch CSI and such, but I cant watch TV without seeing so much crap that isnt worth watching. It used to be that every night of the week I could watch solid primetime shows, now I am lucky to get 1 or 2 a night. This is where I tell the networks to ditch the reality tv and get some scripted shows. Even shows like The OC (which I dont like, but have respect for because it is not reality), but I wish there was a show even half as good as seinfield to look forward to each week. My sitcoms I watch weekly consist of Still Standing, Scrubs, That 70's Show, and Joey, they are all good shows but all fail in comparison to Seinfeld. I wish they would have sitcoms like that of the past, shows like Sienfeld, The Drew Carey Show, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Fraser, Home Improvement, and even Roseanne or Friends, I would gladly watch re-runs of these shows the rest of my life as opposed to reality TV. Even going back a few more years, shows like Three's company, Gilligan's Island, I would watch those all the time. Then there are the cartoons, The Simpsons is still running strong, I have taken to King of the Hill recently, I am estatic at the fact that Family Guy is coming back, Futurama should never have been cancelled, and South Park is one of the best shows ever. period. This is it, this is what TV has come to, mostly watching re-runs and stuff, but soon enough all the sitcoms will be gone, and I will have all the seasons of my favourite shows on DVD, that will cause me to cancel my cable, what is the need for it if all the good shows are gone, and if I have all the re-runs on DVD anyways. So I guess the cable companies better get on the networks back about getting some decent shows, or else the anti-TV pro-DVD revolution will begin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home