Saturday, April 09, 2005

Firefox Extensions.

Recently I got some new Mozilla Firefox extensions, so I will take a bit of time to talk about how good they are.

The first one is TabbedBrowser, it doesn’t do a lot, just enhances the tabbing feature in firefox (which is one of the best features I have ever seen). It adds a new tab and close tab button, and has settings so you can have it open links from another program in the same tab or in a new tab or such. This is a simple but incredibly useful extension.

The next one is SessionSaver, and I think this is actually the best thing next to tabbed browsing in general. SessionSaver does what the title says, it saves your current firefox session, tabs and all. My computer crashes a lot, and this saves the session no matter what, even if firefox crashes this will save the session, tabs and all again. It is insane, no matter what it saves all the tabs you had open and re-opens them the next time you open firefox. It doesn’t matter if your computer crashes, reboots, or shuts down, this one still saves all your open firefox stuff (I don’t usually use multiple windows, but I think if it all crashes when you re-open firefox it opens all the windows. Honestly this is one of the best features I have ever seen.

I don’t know how you use firefox (tabs or windows) but I know while using tabs, these are two of the best extensions ever. Sorry but I couldn’t find the links, but here is the firefox extensions page.

2 Comments:

Blogger MGMT said...

I could not agree more on Session Saver. The author doesn't mess around either, it *actually* works if Firefox crashes.

I've even had some sites bring back the FORM DATA from which I must have closed (forgot about) earlier.

Amazing!

9:14 PM  
Blogger escalade328s said...

its funny, today, after writing about how sessionsaver never screws up it actually screwed up on me, but whatever, that is the first time in a few months of having it that it has screwed up, either way it is an incredible extension, i just found it ironic that it crashes the day after i write a post praising it.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home