Monday, March 07, 2005

Gadget Ramblings...

Why can no company make a product worth buying? I mean, there are a lot of cool things out there [mainly my iPod, which is possibly the best thing ever] but even that has minor flaws [it scratches too easily, but that can be covered by the use of a case]. I work under the theory that no company makes a product good enough for me—that way I will never get let down by them—and by good enough I mean fast enough, strong enough, and such. Over the past few years I have gone through so many electronics it is hard to remember them all. I admit it, I am really hard on my stuff, but most of it can survive the toughness. My main problem is that the extended warranty does not cover any damage I inflict on it—and by their standards that covers everything—so when I am buying something and they offer me the extended warranty I just laugh and tell them it won’t cover me. My most recent electronic injury was my laptop, an IBM T21, a little old but a generally good machine, until I cracked some of the plastic. It is so annoying, it is still functioning but I think it will break more soon. I think I would be the ideal product tester because I use the product to its full ability. I admit I have not tried many of the good products out there, but I still think that they are not strong or fast enough for me. [Prove me wrong? Give me a product?] In the end, I have a lot of electronic gadgets, and most of them are fully functional, but it is the ones I have broken that stick out, for instance my minidisk player, broke right away, and my old palm pilot, which was broken then fixed. The list goes on, and it will continue, but hopefully a company will start to make a product that is that good.
These small flaws electronics have are so annoying, I am sure I am not the only one who gets frustrated by dropping so much money on a cool gadget and have it break. I will let you all know when I find a product worth buying, so far my only suggestions are an iPod [go buy one right now], and a laptop, of your choice because I do not know one that is very good. In your arsenal you also need a sweet little camera phone, a trick little palm pilot, and a handy little digital camera.
My current arsenal of electronics goes as follows: laptop – IBM T21; cell phone – Motorola V551; Music – Apple iPod 3G 15 GB; PDA – Sony Clie TJ-35, digital camera – Sony DSC P32; and video camera – JVC GR-D231. [Not to mention my mp3 CD walkman, 3cd mini-system, TV and DVD player].
Ok, so I have more gadgets than most 19 year olds, but meh, they are worth it, and I am never going to stop buying them.
Here is a pic of some of my gadgets.

6 Comments:

Blogger afrosmile said...

ipod does have it flaws which pisses me off. My current arsenal of electronics goes as follows: laptop – acer ferrari 3400; cell phone – nokia 6820; Music – Apple iPod 4G 20 GB; digital camera – canon a85; and video camera – sony something its in my closet somewhere. [Not to mention my mp3,CD walkman]

the only thing i dont have on ur list is a palm pilot not that interested really i can use my phone and ipod as a palm pilot so i dont have one and i carry my digi camera with me at all times.

my ferrari laptop is staring to get scratches but they are all in very goog working order

5:47 PM  
Blogger escalade328s said...

that's a good list you got going there. yea, i don't really use my palm for big stuff, and I have the keyboard on it so i can type notes if i want to.
yea, the iPod does have flaws [battery, scratchability...] but i still think it is one of the coolest gadgets on the planet.

6:31 PM  
Blogger afrosmile said...

my phone has a proper keyboard implemented has a crap camera but excellent for typing little notes

8:05 PM  
Blogger escalade328s said...

My phone has the better camera (not good but does a decent job, i think its .7 MP, its the one below 1MP, it does the job, but I am in canada and the data plans are too expensive, so no mobloging for me) and it doesnt have the keyboard, but i dont send to many text messages anyways.

10:42 PM  
Blogger afrosmile said...

you can still photoblog with flickr. thats what i like about flickr you can actually show the pics on your blog with flickr.

10:57 AM  
Blogger escalade328s said...

my problem is not the actual posting to flicker's mobile blogging, it is the fact that it costs me like a buck to send one picture, the data plans are way too much money.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home