Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Praise to Television, again. Sorta.

So, its about 12:30, and I have been watching TV since about 8:00, and I have to say, it was a good TV night. It went from a new That 70's Show, to a repeat of That 70's Show, followed by a new Scrubs, then a new Committed, and then there was a small pause where a repeat of Seinfeld was viewed. But that low (I say low because it was a repeat, not because Seinfeld is bad, that is untrue, Seinfeld is great) was followed by a hilarious episode of Chappelle's Show. Then we hit 11:00 and on, repeats of a recent Daily Show, That 70's Show, Futurama/South Park, and now the Simpsons, soon to be followed by King of the Hill. Overall tonight has been a good night for television, mainly due to the fact that I did not run into any reality TV (which I despise, as seen here).

Now is also my chance to praise South Park, I think this is one of the best shows on the planet, right around the fourth grade years (when the shows started getting a point to them, not that they were not funny previously) this show became legendary. I laugh when someone says cartoons are for kids, because this show is incredible, and it always has a great point to it. Today was the metrosexual craze episode, it was so good and they always manage to tackle some great topic and come out with some great discovery. The revelations at the end of the show are great, this show is better than almost anything on TV.

On a side note, the new show, American Dad, is great! It was worth sitting through the cartoon pre-game show which is referred to as the Superbowl. At first I assumed it was Seth McFarlane’s way of getting back at Fox for canceling Family Guy, which would have been good, but it was actually better than I thought. It had many similarities to Family Guy, but it was sufficient on its own, I had also thought it would just be Joe from Family Guy with his own show.

There is also a new plan I am putting out there, bringing back all the old TV shows, all the sitcoms. My disgust for reality TV is known, therefore we need an alternative. This could be either just playing repeats of old shows, or banning reality TV and only allowing sitcoms to be played on air. Reality TV will come in the form of a basic cable package, but if you order this package then your good channels and programming are cancelled so you have to choose between reality TV and good TV.

I am getting too worked up about this reality TV crap, so I will stop now. Whoa, it seems as with every time I write praising TV I end up stating how much I hate reality TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home