Thursday, April 14, 2005

Future President.

Okay, so we all know that president bush has an iPod, and apparently it is filled with illegal music.

DISCLAIMER… I have no political views…AT ALL, I flat out don’t care who is running USA (not like I care who is running Canada either) I just thought I would say this before I post what seems like a political post (though it is not really).

This means that the new democratic candidate has to have the following things… an iPod, filled with illegal songs, a PSP, and (s)he has to pirate DVD’s. Not to mention (s)he has to have a powerbook/iBook.

Hmmm… that would give them some good PR. I wonder if the next president will be a blogger?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is it "apparently" filled with illegal music? Nothing in the article stated that.

likwidshoe
http://sayanythingblog.com

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should have said, nothing in the parent article stated or remotely showed that his iPod was filled with any kind of illegal music.

likwidshoe
http://sayanythingblog.com

4:32 AM  
Blogger OcellNuri said...

I think that the assumption is that the music is illegal because Bush has his aide copy music to his iPod from the aide's personal CD collection.

However, I don't think that's illegal under the fair-use laws. You can make a tape of a CD for a friend, just as you can send them MP3s of the same CD. I think it becomes illegal when you start selling the material, or mass distributing it.

Of course, the law is fuzzy as hell in this area right now, but I stick to my tape/CD analogy. Apparently all of the major music labels get paid for every blank CD-R sold as a way to compensate them for the fair-use activities of their customers when they copy a CD for a friend. I don't see how this is any different with digital duplication.

3:21 PM  
Blogger escalade328s said...

I was more commenting on the fact that he has an iPod, i dont care if he has illegal music or not, that just seemed like a funny post on boingboing, so i linked it up. (anyways who am i to judge about having illegal music)

i am unsure of the las in the US, and i am now unsure of the laws here in canada (we recently made it illegal) but here our old deal was that the tax we pay on any blank media technically gives us the right to copy stuff (a tax i believe they will not remove after they make the copyright laws harsher). Until a couple weeks ago it was legal in canada, now it is a shady blur.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home