Thursday, April 14, 2005

RIAA vs. Internet2

So there is this thing called Internet2 (I am sure most of you have already heard about it) that is so much faster than our current internet, but it seems as id the RIAA wants to stop that. Due to the fact that this super-high-speed internet is much better for P2P the RIAA doesn’t like it.
It seems to me that they are stopping technology from proceeding (I have had many a conversation with my father about how DRM is stopping technology from moving on).
The RIAA is suing users of Internet2 because they are filesharing. It is best summed up in this article from BoingBoing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish they'd give the internet2 to the rest of us all. South Korea and Japan are all on I2 comparable speeds and we still have some people on dial up modems.

9:36 PM  
Blogger escalade328s said...

yea, i would kill for internet2.

but with people still using dial-up, no offense, but if you can get high-speed why would you not.

i heard they are getting like huge gbps downloads over in asia while we think low mbps is sweet.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home