Friday, May 27, 2005

Update - my computer situation...

Well, despite what the warning said there is an operating system on my computer, and it seems to be running fine (except incredibly slow for some reason, and when i say slow i mean SLOW, it is a slow computer to start with but now it is WAY worse).

I still want to get an apple laptop (leaning towards powerbook, input welcome [now have msn again]) but am unsure because i priced out some stuff, a 12" superdrive powerbook decked out how i want it would cost the same as a 14" iBook how i want it.

and so i have learned my lesson, with that scare of possibly losing all my data i have now figured a way to back up all my data (my cd burner doesnt work and i am still having network troubles) so i got an FTP setup going and have so far backed up 10 gig of my crap, the next chunk is my itunes music - about 14 gig [which reminds me - i need to upgrade my iPod, it is damn near full].

well, that is all for now, thank you for your thoughts, i am so happy i didnt lose everything.

3 Comments:

Blogger MGMT said...

Attack with your Defense Department. I dont know what you use but if you its only an application or two be sure to hit up my site and hit GEEK FILES on the top bar, and checkout the "Department of Defense" some great quality links there my friend.

Its gotta be Spyware bogging you down! Something that happened when you weren't looking..

2:48 AM  
Blogger escalade328s said...

ill have to check those out for sure, right now i have adaware and spybot and they didnt find anything so i will go for those, are they all free?

i also think it might be a virus because when i run avg somewhere in the middle of the search i tend to get the blue screen of death and it craps out on me, but i dont want to do that until i back up all my files.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Sameer Vasta said...

go powerbook and not ibook. trust me on this one. it's worth the extra little bit in price, and maybe the smaller screen.

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home