Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I heart the Ladies

Via BoingBoing! [link to article]

Some fellow Canadians, the Barenaked Ladies, are planning to do something really cool, which is releasing an album on a 128Mb USB jump drive.

They even say the flash drive is an easy way 'to share music, videos, pictures and other data'--not the kind of sentiment you'd hear from most bands.

Personally I think this is one of the greatest things a band can do, and at a perfect time. While SonyBMG is making their customers grab their ankles the Barenaked Ladies are encouraging their fans to share music.

This is obviously going to be a little pricey-at an estimated $30 usd-but hell, you get a USB stick out of the deal. [I know most of you probably have 4 or 5 of them, but I only have a 16 Mb one] I hope more bands take a hint from BNL and do something like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home